Christian Boylove Forum

Re: troubles/encouragement

Submitted by Splash! on September 01 2000 02:39:31

Derek, you said:

>"And everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved." (NIV)

>Did you hear that? Everyone! It doesn't even matter what my motivations
>are. Heck, I could even fuck the boy and God would still save me. God
>rocks, doesn't he? Unconditional love is so cool...

But please know that not merely "calling" on the name of the Lord will save you. It doesn't work like some kind of magic trick. "Calling" means "believing." And if you love the Lord, you will want to do more than just believe in the Lord, you will want to keep His commandments (John 14 & 15). Believing in the Lord and loving the Lord do not come out of selfish acts, for "they which do [works of the flesh] shall not inherit the kingdom of God" (Galatians 5:19-21). His love may be unconditional, but there are still consequences when doing things that oppose a belief and love for the Lord and His commandments. God is both just AND merciful.

Be strong, my friend. God may always forgive you, but if you truly believe in the Lord and seek to love Him, you will do your best to conquer the flesh and produce the fruit of the Spirit. And that's when the Tree of Life really takes root, leading to eternal life with the One who loves and is Love, Jesus!

~Splash*

Follow ups:

Post a follow up message:

Username: