Christian Boylove Forum

Prayer DOES Change Things!!

Submitted by Andy on January 24 1999 at 19:50:48

Hi Everyone,

A few days ago I posted a prayer request for 6 year-old Amanda Bundy. Out of curiousity I searched the internet, and came up with the following, which I am certain will be of concern to those of us whose faith may not always be what it should be:

Amanda Bundy

This prayer chain has been going around for months (since March actually) and I thought you might be interested in knowing more about little Amanda's condition. The situation is presently not as grim as it was when the original prayer request was posted. Praise God!

Below is an excerpt from the latest entry on Amanda's webpage:

September 28, 1998
Hi Friends,

I am pleased to report that Amanda Bundy will not have to undergo chemotherapy, and no other treatments are required in the foreseeable future! Her mediport, the device implanted under her skin to administer chemotherapy drugs, was removed in early September. The tumor that was left around her backbone has not changed at all since the surgery in March, and has actually shrunk since then. She will have to be monitored and tested periodically for a long time, but the imminent danger is gone. Her parents are breathing a grateful sigh of relief and thanking God every day for allowing them to spend more time with their precious angel, Amanda. They are also deeply grateful for every prayer sent heavenward by you wonderful people. The horrible prognosis they were given in March has turned into a glorious miracle, a prayerful victory over the cancer which invaded Amanda's small body.

At the risk of offending anyone, her mother would like to request that no more phone calls be made to their home. Many well-meaning people have taken pains to obtain the Bundy's home phone number, to discuss Amanda's healing. The Bundys will never forget what has happened to them, but they are trying to put it behind them and concentrate on living every day fully and appreciating the gifts they've been given, rather than dwelling on their terrifying ordeal. Even though people are calling out of love and concern, Amanda's mother is a private person, running a busy household with a small baby, and doesn't always have time to take the calls. She hopes you will understand.
God bless you all for your love and concern,

Michele

If you would like more information on Amanda Bundy, here is a link to her website:
"http://www.sunlink.net/~stefo/"
Amanda Bundy's Prayer Chain

I'm sure that prayers are still needed for little Amanda and her family, in thanksgiving for and continuation of her healing and continued strength for her and her family. Thanks to our merciful Lord, the Great Physician, for Amanda's healing.
                                                                                                             Terry
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

Isn't it great to see God work? Praise His Holy Name!!
Andy

Follow Ups

Post a follow up message
Nickname: