Christian Boylove Forum

Very loaded post

Submitted by Night Wolf on August 11 1999 at 13:58:13

I'll accept at face value that you did not say any of this in hate or malice, but nevertheless, you seem to have some very harsh opinions. You said:
>I firmly believe taht NO ONE is born gay, but that the tendancy comes >from sin with in the families previous generations and or is directly >related to abuse a child may have suffered when they were children.
>I believe that homosexuality is a perversion resulting from a sin that >was commited and a generational curse that has been comittedsometime in >the previous generations.

To which I say that if God did not create the posibility of homosexuality, why does it exist in nature? It is well-documented among mamals, and I can't see this as a result of something that happened to them when they were young.
Your belief that homosexuality may be caused by childhood trama is reasonable, though many if not most experts would dispute you, but your idea that it may be a curse from God for something one's ancestor did is most disturbing. If I thought that God would curse me for something my great-grandfather did, I would not worship him. By him doing this, he would prove himself not worthy of my love because my God is a just God. Plus, I do not subscribe to the view that God condems homosexuality anyway, but that point has been argued many times before.
I do not pray to God to ask him to take away my sexual desires for boys, either. It is part of who I am; if it were to be stripped away from me, who knows how this would change me. I would be a different person, but perhaps not a better one. I don't usually find wisdom on TV, but the Star Trek TNG episode "The Tapestry" best illistrates this. In a nutshell, Capt. Picard is given a chance by Q to go back in time and not do something he regretted doing, only to find out that changing this made him a weaker person. Q permitted him to put it back the way it was and he got over his lifelong regret. The idea being that if you pull one thread from a tapestry, the pattern changes and the whole thing may come unraveled.
I do pray to God for wisdom and good judgement, but I do not ask for anything else.

Night Wolf

Follow Ups

Post a follow up message
Nickname: