Christian Boylove Forum

the lofty goal of purity...

Submitted by Scott on October 07 1999 at 20:37:53

hey ben,

how's things going? interesting thoughts. here is my penny-and-a-half (not quite two cents....heehee).

>a) It is because of the allure of beauty of boys and the potential for my
>actions to turn sinful, I need God daily to rescue me from myself. In a >way, my sinful nature gives me a need for God.

Amen, brother! you have put it pretty well. our sinful nature does indeed give us a DAILY need for God.

> b) God fully expects me to enjoy the beauty of boys and also expects me >to enjoy that beauty in a pure way.

i think that this one goes hand in hand with the first. my belief is that God provided us with a love for boys for a special reason - because these boys need to be loved. indeed, i believe that He not only expects, but wants, us to enjoy the beauty and love of boys. He also (i dont think expects, but rather) WANTS us to enjoy that purely. but, when (not if, but when) we screw up, He is there to "rescue us from ourselves."

i think the pastors solution is a little extreme, personally. i would venture to say that although i do have impure thoughts about a boy, that our relationship (myself and the boy, that is) is beneficial to us both. i would hate to think of a world where i turned away from everything i found beautiful. on the other hand, that might be the only feasible solution for some folks. my days would be joyless and empty without boys...or God.

See ya
scott

Follow Ups

Post a follow up message