Christian Boylove Forum

The Christian versus Boylove conflict

Submitted by Gerald from New Zealand on August 13 1999 at 18:32:31

>Dear Rylan,

I have just been writing to somebody who asked me a very similar question as you do. I have therefore included below, his question and my answer.
Lots of Love, Gerald.

>I've been for a long time quiet. This has a reason which I would like to
>discus with you all. I'm a christian and my faith is very important for me.
>That's why I study theology. I'm also a boylover. The problem now is, I
>can't combine those two things. But in me they are combined. When I'm
trying
>to combine them in my acting, in my conduct, it gives an inward conflict.
>Does somewone of you recognize that? Thats why I find it difficult to write on this list.
>Please react,
>
>Yours, XXXXX

Dear XXXXX,

I have for the last few weeks followed the goings on on "Christian Boylove
Forum", and the main problem that these people have to deal with is like the one that you describe as you are coping with yourself.

I have been brought up as a christian (catholic) with very strong sexual
inhibitions and I had to learn about this conflict. You say that you are
studying theology. Can you tell me what this means to you. Is this just
bible studies or is it a search for God? One is religious and the other one
is spiritual.

What realy matters is your relationship with God. Not the bible, not the
church, not what society says. No it is how you discover God within
yourself. The bible is a book written by MEN with their own prejudices.
These old prejudices are passed on as the TRUTH. This is not so. Then you
have the church. The church has given us 2000 years of indoctrination that
sex is bad. Did Jesus ever say this??? This sexual repression was used by
the church to maintain power. The church committed a terrible sin by doing that.
What we have inherited from that is a totally disformed image of our sexuality and a social sexphobia.

After you learn to understand this history of sexual and spiritual abuse by
the church, you will have to start with looking at yourself and your own
sexuality. Wasn't it God who created you? Complete with the "obscene
appendiges"? (Joke)
You were created perfect complete with your sexuality and the ability to
love. This is a gift from God. I can see it even so far that I see sexuality and love as an expression of God.

So XXXX, please come to terms with what "MEN" tell you in religion or what
GOD tells you within you and from your own experience. Learn to recognise
what is a reaction to your conditioning and what is a real experience.

Lots of Love, Gerald from New Zealand.

Follow Ups

Post a follow up message
Nickname: